Working at Skylight
Skylight employees work together to deliver on Our Mission, Our Vision and Our Values.
We welcome applications from people who:
• are willing to embrace our mission, vision and values
• have skills, experience (including lived experience) and enthusiasm for their role
• enjoy working with others to achieve results and outcomes
• can observe our policies and procedures at all times
As employment opportunities arise at Skylight, they will be posted on this page.
If you are interested in working at Skylight, please read the Information for Applicants carefully and submit your application.
All positions at Skylight require a current SAPOL Police Check and DCSI Child-related Employment Screening.
Supervisor - Customer Relations Team
SACS Level 4 - 0.6 FTE
Fixed Term until June 30 2019
Skylight Programs deliver a range of recovery oriented community mental health services by
working alongside people experiencing mental illness, family and friends who care for them, and the broader general South Australian community.
Under the general direction of a Team Leader or delegate, the Supervisor, Customer Relations Team will support Skylight service delivery within a front-of-house position. The tasks may include but are not limited to, responding to general enquires from participants and members of the community, identifying service needs and creating appropriate service plans for participants and engaging in administrative functions to support organizational requirements. The Customer Relations Team Member will be required to build and maintain respectful and compassionate relationships with all Skylight customers.
The successful applicants will have:
- Demonstrated capacity to lead, support, coach and train staff in a customer focused environment.
- Demonstrated front-of- house service experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people living with mental illness and their carers.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills including verbal, written and interpersonal
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management databases would be advantageous
- SAPOL National Police Clearance and DCSI Child-related Employment Screening
To be considered, please address the following questions in a maximum of one page, together with your cover letter and your resume:
- Please share an example of how you have successfully led a team towards clear outcomes.
- Describe a time where you have supported a customer who is experiencing heightened emotion to find a service solution. What was your approach, and how did this enable the organisation to meet the customer’s needs?
- Using examples, please demonstrate how you manage priorities in a dynamic service environment?
Skylight is committed to promoting a diverse workforce and values the experience and skills of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged.
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Thursday 4th October.
- Adelaide Metropolitan areas
- Southern Metro locations including Fleurieu Peninsula
- Limestone Coast locations including Mount Gambier, Naracoorte, Kingston and Bordertown
- Eyre Peninsula locations including Port Lincoln, Tumby Bay, Coffin Bay and Cummins
- Mount Gambier
Skylight Programs deliver a range of recovery oriented community mental health services by working alongside people experiencing mental illness, family and friends who care for them, and the broader general South Australian community.
Skylight is keen to recruit Support Workers capable of providing individualised support to participants in metropolitan Adelaide, the Murraylands, and the Limestone Coast. Shifts are across various times during the day and include weekends.
Support Workers will build and maintain respectful and compassionate relationships with participants and follow set support plans. This will include working closely with participants to achieve goals including but not limited to attending appointments, transportation, and daily living support skills.
Certificate III Individual Support (Home and Community) and current tertiary students studying in the mental health area are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicants will have:
- Certificate III Individual Support (Home and Community) and/or knowledge and skills gained through work experience commensurate with community mental health services
- Sound knowledge and awareness of mental illness (psychosocial disability) and related comorbidities and the associated impact on individuals, carers and the community
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, email and the internet
- Current SA Drivers License and willingness to use own vehicle
- National Police clearance and DCSI Child-related Employment Screening
A Job Description and Information for Applicants document are available on our website www.skylight.org.au
To be considered, please address the following questions in a maximum of one page, together with a cover letter and your resume:
- Describe what skills you believe to be most important when delivering support to participants in the community
- Describe how you work through challenges and how you feel this would impact support given to participants
- Provide an example(s) of how you would create positive connections with participants across a broad range of age groups, backgrounds and interests
Skylight is committed to promoting a diverse workforce and values the experience and skills of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged.
Applications via Seek or to email@example.com
Please click here to view the Job Description
Please click here to view the Information for Applicants
This recruitment is open and ongoing. Applicants will be contacted for interview when vacancies arise.
Volunteering at Skylight
Volunteering opportunities arise through the needs of Skylight services for volunteer support as well as offers received from volunteers with skills which may be used to compliment various Skylight services. Volunteering opportunities at Skylight occur regularly within some services, including:
- Wayville, Christies Beach, Mannum and Eyre Activity Programs
- Fundraising support
- Skylight Board
Current Volunteer Vacancies
Herb, Produce and General Gardener
Under the general direction of the Activity Programs Coordinator the Herb & Produce Gardener will volunteer their time to plan, build and plant a sustainable kitchen garden. The Herb & Produce Gardener will grow and maintain herbs, vegetables and fruit for use within Parnangga's kitchen and cooking programs and general gardening as needed. Role Description here